Posting a Doodle
Explains the various methods of posting a doodle to Facebook and sharing it out to other viewers. Discusses YouTube, Facebook Direct, Instagram Direct for IGTV, LinkedIn, Blogger, Twitter, WhatsApp, Telegram, WeChat,
Note: There are various methods for sharing your video productions with people. Use a service like YouTube or directly upload your videos to the social media websites.
- Max Length: 15 minutes
- Max File Size: 128GB
- Max Length: 12 Hours
Note: Longer videos were grandfathered in before they changed the rules.
To verify your Google Account:
On a computer, go to Phone verification
Follow the steps to verify your Google Account. You can choose to get a verification code through a text message on a mobile device or an automated voice call.
Detailed Page: Recommended upload encoding settings
- File Format Container: MP4
- Audio Codec: AAC-LC
- Video Code: H.264
- Frame Rate: 24, 25, 30, 48, 50, 60 frames per second
Note: Frame Rate must be uploaded at the same rate it was recorded
Interlaced content should be deinterlaced before uploading. For example, 1080i60 content should be deinterlaced to 1080p30. 60 interlaced fields per second should be deinterlaced to 30 progressive frames per second.
- Supports almost all types of video files, but recommends using the MP4 format.
- Resolution should be 1080p or less.
- Support file sizes up to 10 GB. Watch out for the upload times.
- Videos must be less than 240 minutes long. The longer your video, the larger its file size. This may affect the quality of the video and the time it takes to upload.
- Recommend Stereo AAC audio compression with 128kbps or more.
Instagram Direct (IGTV)
- Minimal Length: 1 minute
- Maximum Length:
- 15 minutes when uploading from a mobile device.
- 60 minutes when uploading from the web.
- Support File Type: MP4 file format.
Video Resolution and Size
- Vertical video: 9:16
- Horizontal video: 16:9
- Minimum frame rate: 30 FPS
- Minimum resolution: 720px
- Maximum video file size:
- 10 minutes or less: 650MB.
- Maximum video file size up to 60 minutes: 3.6GB.
Instagram Cover Photo Size
- Recommended size: 420px by 654px (or 1:1.55 ratio).
Note: You cannot edit your cover photo after you’ve uploaded it.
Supported File Containers
- MPEG-1 and MPEG-4
- VP8 and VP9
- WMV2 and WMV3
File Containers Not Supported
- Raw Video
- Max file size: 5GB
- Minimum file size: 75KB
- Max video duration: 10 minutes
- Minimum video duration: 3 seconds
- Resolution range: 256px X 144px to 4096px X 2304px
- Aspect ratio: 1:2.4 – 2.4:1
- Frame rates: 10 fps – 60 fps
- Bit rates: 192 kbps – 30 Mbps
- Supports Most File Types
- File Size: Under 100MB
- Suggested Compression: H.264 & MP4
- Supports MP4 & MOV with H.264 format and AAC Audio
- Max File Size: 512MB
- Maximum Length: 2 minutes 20 seconds
- Minimum resolution: 32px x 32px
- Maximum resolution: 1920px x 1200px (and 1200px x 1900px)
- Aspect ratios: 1:2.39 – 2.39:1 range (inclusive)
- Maximum frame rate: 40 fps
- Maximum bitrate: 25 Mbps
Chat App Maximum File Size
- Maximum File Size: 16MB
- Maximum File Size: 2,048MB (2GB)
- Maximum File Size: 100MB
- Maximum File Size: 25MB